Explore a New Life Style in Farming
- As curious and physically fit life-long learners, we sought to transition gracefully into a new way of being with ourselves, each other and the wider community.
- The natural world offered an environment for slowing down our minds, giving our old skill sets a rest and listening deeply for how we might proceed meaningfully in the years remaining at our disposal.
- Although we had enjoyed years of growing flowers, fruits and vegetables in a comfortable suburban setting, farming offered the challenge of a steep learning curve, both philosophically and practically.
- We learned to develop a network of support by joining the Maine Organic Farming and Gardening Association (MOFGA), to reach out to local expertise for advice and hands-on support, and to share our new experience by inviting family and friends to come and "taste" our new world.
- We gained confidence in our ability to problem solve as we discovered that we could apply all of our former business skills and sensibilities as entrepreneurs in inventive ways that stretched from field to market.
- We discovered a fulfilling role by participating in providing fresh, local, nutritious food to local markets as well as growing produce to supply the local soup kitchen and food pantries.
- We live with gratitude for the privilege of living more in tune with the rhythm of the earth and for the benefits of hard work and healthy food.
- If you are interested in sampling the farming experience for a season give us a call or send us an email. Click on the Internship tab to get more details
- For more information call 207-589-3313 or email
Postal address P.O. Box 294, Liberty, ME 04949
900 Woodmans Mill Road, Montville, ME 04941
Email address email@example.com